Monday, August 01, 2005

Pumping Iron

Tomorrow is the day that I officially start my health-club workouts. Though I've decided that TV is the main culprit in stealing my time away and by canceling cable I should be able to make it to the gym for at least 60 - 90 minutes a day, I have realized that the hours open to me are all going to be in the evening and I really think I am a morning workout kind of guy.

So, does this mean that I should get my butt out of bed at 5 a.m. and get myself into the gym before I go to work? Hmmm...that does not sound particularly appealing.

I've also realized that part of my hesitance comes from my being guarded about the time I spend with Max. He doesn't adapt well to changes in my schedule and me taking off for any amount of time after I've gotten home from work does not sit well with him.

Sacrifice. That's a new word to ponder.

I suppose that if I'm to use this forum to chronicle my progress I should provide a "before" picture. I don't want to gross anyone out, so I'll take a pic and just link to it so regular readers can avoid the horror of it all if they wish.

Now, once I am successful in reshaping and sculpting my bod into a "work of art" I will definitely post a picture for all to marvel at. But that will be many months down the line.

Stay tuned...!

No comments: