Thursday, August 11, 2005

News Shorts ~

Good morning y'all!

Feeling a bit better about the world today. No real reason to, though. Found out yesterday that the hospital that I work for is changing its health insurance policy for next year which might well make it impossible for me to afford my medication. Kind of a necessary thing when one depends on those chemicals to stay alive.

Better start making money in other ways!!!!

I've been able to paint a little bit in the last few days. I haven't really gotten over the creative hump from a few posts ago, but at least I seem to be working through the block. Perhaps it's just a bit of whiplash from my last period of painting which was fast and furious and, for the most part, easy. Now I've got new artistic "issues" that I need to resolve before the paint flows easily again...hmmm...might be some truth there....

Speaking of art, the gym thing is working out very well. I've been going every day (except last Friday) and alternating cardio/weight loss with weight training. One of the gym employees called me and asked if I would like to take advantage of their free consultation with a personal trainer. Of course I said, "yes!" He then wanted to know what my personal goals were. I told him point blank that I wanted to look as good with my clothes off as I do with them on (and to myself I said, "actually, I want to look better!") Then I told him that I'm actually looking at this whole exercise as an art project - and he understood completely!

No comments: