Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Know I Shouldn't, But...

I will be getting my tax refund in just a few days. I filed last week after refiguring my return multiple times in hopes of finding another few cents worth of deductions. I should know better, though. Despite the fact that I got a whopping 2% raise last year, my gross adjusted income for 2005 was somehow less than for 2004. Sadly, I'm too tired to make a big deal of it. I'm sure that someone out there has an obscure and obtuse rational for it - and I really don't want to feel the hot air streaming from their pie-hole.

The point, though, of this particular entry in my web journal, my online confessional, my electronic sandwich board, is to make public my intention to do something foolish, unsound from a financial point of view but something that will make me a happy, happy boy.

I'm a gonna buy me a guitar.

He's a handsome cuss, ain't he?


Solid mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard, active pickups for a hot, low buzz sound and looks that can kill. To compliment this beast, I'm planning on getting a Line6 PODxt LIVE effects bay with more integrated digital gizmos than you can shake a stick at. Basically, this will allow me to modify the sound in a multitude of ways without spending lots o' cash on individual effects pedals.

I've been playing this guitar in a local shop for over a month and it sings beautifully. It fits up against my body like the perfect dance partner and when I finger the neck and pluck those strings the sounds of satisfaction fill the room.

Who says you can't buy love?

No comments: