Friday, May 12, 2006

Sound

Although I love music, I may have to admit that it is actually sound that has my attention. I love sound. I love making sound - sound that is organized, sound that isn't organized. Layers of sound: refined and planned, raw and random. Sound that comforts. Sound that threatens.

I got the guitar and I got the effects bay and now I want to get a looping station and the guitar synthesizer unit. I know that this represents a lot of money, but I find that I want the tools to realize some of the things that happen in my head - and I want to subject the world outside of my head to that which goes on within.

And the sound - does the sound have the ablility to transform me? Will producing these noises, these vibrations, these patterns - will they change how I see myself and/or how others see me? Can what one hears alter what one sees? Is this societal synesthesia?

I see what you're saying.

I hear where you're coming from.

No comments: