Thursday, April 12, 2007

I've Been Banned

You know that you have arrived when, by merely being who you are, you offend.

A friend of mine who is currently traveling over seas sent me an image today that put an odd smile on my face. Apparently, he tried to access my website while in the Dubai International Airport and the page was blocked.
Now, what is interesting is that I examined the captured image that my friend sent me which included the web browser frame and the URL. He wasn't trying to view any of the pictures on the web site - they might contain some questionable images, and that would make sense to block the site if they violated Islamic Law. But, no. The only thing on the web page that he was trying to access was a music file. That is the only thing on the page. And it is instrumental music - no possibility of the lyric being offensive. Go figure.

I suppose the real beauty is that I've told several of my friends so far and all of them have said, "Congratualtions! I'm so proud of you!" I feel...I feel so...so important!

No comments: