Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And Then There Was MUSIC


It's happening, folks! I'm working at getting my music out to the world!

My album, Starlight and Darkness is done and soon it will be available on iTunes, eMusic and Rhapsody. With all of its flaws, and it is flawed, I'm really proud of it. It flows nicely and it has some integrity. So much "New Age" music is so synthetic. It sounds so completely programmed and antiseptic that it's difficult to believe that humans made it. That in mind, I found myself not getting too concerned when a glitch shows up here or there, or that the recording isn't always pristine. I'd like to think that there is a "real" sound to the recording.

I've set up a MySpace site for my music - you can preview two of the songs from the album there plus two musical sketches that may show up in some form on a future recording.

While I'm at it, I need to thank two people that mean a lot to me and helped me along in the process - Jeff Wheeler, who helped with re-engineering the track Fluid Metal and also kept me on course. And then there's Andre-Eric Letourneau - the man who steered me toward this project and inspired me. To them and all my other friends, I say Thank You!


No comments: