Thursday, October 13, 2005

Paintings

I was able to get the paintings done for installation at Boone County Hospital. The pictures are good. I'm not sure how much farther I can go with the landscape idea that has been filling canvases lately, but I know that there are still plenty of paintings of one type or another inside me.

The work involved with the transport of the paintings and their hanging is kind of a drag for me. It would be easier if I had a truck or at least a larger vehicle than a Toyota sedan to move them in, but once the pictures were on the wall, people started commenting on them. I was being asked the standard questions: "Are you the artist?" "How long have you been painting?" "What's your inspiration?" "Do you sell any of your paintings?"

Oddly enough, I love talking to the people about my pictures. I suppose because it is talking about myself. Like a good self centered artist, I love talking about myself.

Regarding the AIDS benefit that I was to participate in, well, that was a bust. I think it is indicative of the administrative skills of the people in charge of the distribution of Federal and State funds for HIV infected persons in Central Missouri that were at the center of the problem. I requested information on donating a painting for the auction and how I would be able to help. About a week before the date I had been told was the auction and exhibition, I finally receive an email asking for a Bio and a picture of the painting I was going to donate. I emailed back for more information and then got an emailed invitation to the event - the day that the exhibition began. So, no painting donated, no paintings exhibited. And I thought they would JUMP at the chance to have "one of their own" on display!

No comments: