Monday, May 25, 2009

Mental Dystrophy

I have been working up a set of music that I can play in coffee houses and the like with minimal setup and equipment, yet with enough of a technological edge as to challenge the listener. I want to show a certain realness and humanity to digital, electronic sounds. I want to tell a story, but, since I am a part of that story, it's hard for me to narrate it from the outside. Sometimes I feel as though my abilities are diminished by atrophied real world skills.

While recording the music that I've been practicing, I come upon, from time to time, examples of what happens in odd inspired moments that others might never know except for the fact that I have caught them on the computer before they scurry off into the aether without other humans ever hearing their twisted but insightful sighs.

Here is one that was caught recently. I've called it Mental Dystrophy. Flawed and clumsy at times, brilliant and facile at others, I am happy to allow others to share this intimate time with me.

No comments: