Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Gotta Find Something Better (repost from Tribe.net)

Hello folks.

It's Tuesday morning and this is the second day in a row that I've called in sick to work. I'm actually not feeling well, but it's not medical - it's emotional. I hate my job. I really hate it. And what's more is that I find that I like hating it. The negativity fuels that hatred and it just continues to grow and grow. The cycle must come to an end.

I had decided that I would make it to the end of May at the current job and then quit. That would mean that I had fulfilled one of my New Year resolutions - to not be working at my current job by the time I turn 50. I reach that milestone in early June. But I don't think I can make it, folks. I have to find something different and I need to find it fast.

The major issues I have are 1) Health Care - I live in Missouri and the options for someone with a chronic disease without insurance are few and not particularly encouraging. 2) I owe lots of money, mostly due to the fact that my current insurance doesn't cover all my medications, so I've put them on credit cards and I don't currently make enough money to pay them off. Out of pocket I spent over $2500 last year on medication. And then there are the hospital and physician costs that insurance doesn't cover. 3) General expenses - I have over $1250 a month in just general expenses. That' not counting food and clothing. Just rent, car payment, insurance and general bills.

Soooo...I need to find a way to make money, be happy and move forward with my life. Any suggestions?

Think good thoughts.....

2 comments:

nadine sellers said...

blank page, blank response, people are afraid of the reflection of their basic fears...they see their future reflected in your words and it scared them away..
com'on folks, that's life in America, get used to it..or emigrate to Vanatua.

i will not feed your deep hunger, but i will reassure you about the talent i sensed in the consummate artist that you are.

if the new year is indeed new, i send you a small blanket of hope to shelter from cold days until sun returns, nadine

Anonymous said...

that previous comment is very sweet