Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Doing Fine

Sorry that I've neglected to post regarding my health. I've been busy trying to catch up with the world and trying to renegotiate the way I deal with it. Not a particularly easy task.

As it turns out, there is no tumor in my lung - only fungus. The fix as it was presented to me was a bottle of very expensive pills. 60 of them for the price of about $2140. That's one month's worth. The side effects are not particularly fun, but I'm thinking that I may be near the end of the course of the treatment. The prescription allows for another 30 days of meds, but I am hoping that the docs will say I am free to get back to just 4 pills a day. Whatever they say, I go back on the 16th of October for another CT scan of my air sacs to see how things look.

Now, I mentioned above that I'm trying to renegotiate the way I deal with the world. What that really means is that I'm trying to find a new way to support myself. Some way that will pay the bills, give me appropriate health care and offer me a way to spend more than a fraction of the day with a smile on my face. I'm thinking that the answer may be freelancing. Freelance writer, artist, musician, teacher, hobo, bum.

I'd be good, wouldn't I?

So, I'm working that angle and I'll let y'all know how things are going. More regular posts will be coming soon.

No comments: