Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Excuses

Okay. I have tried to start this entry five times now, each time with a different sentence and none of them have been satisfactory. The problem has been what it is that I want to say in that opening sentence. Do I want to grab the reader with a bold revelation? Do I want to slide into an interesting little anecdote without the reader realizing it? Do I want to apologize for not having made a post in so many days?

Yes.

I'm sorry that I haven't been writing much lately. There are a ton of excuses: Working too hard, out of town, complex events requiring my attention, laziness.

Amid all of the excitement that is my life I have found that, as soon as I stopped worrying about the painting that I'm trying to birth the process became much easier. It isn't finished yet, but I can see a direction. It hasn't stopped fighting back but it at least it is allowing me to get a punch in from time to time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, it was about the time that the paint started allowing me to push it around effectively that I was informed that I had to have two extra paintings ready for an exhibition starting at the end of this month. With the painting I have to replace because it was sold and the one that I have to have ready for the Boone County Art Show, that brings me up to 4 paintings that need to be completed in the next few weeks. And then there is a drawing that I have to finish as well.

Swooooosh!

And, as they say, "When it rains, it pours." Now, I'm not one to kiss and tell...hell - there hasn't been any kissing involved! But, in the last few weeks I've gotten more responses to my online dating attempts than ever before! And what's more, some of the respondents have even been local - and they're (for the most part) nice, normal people! Wooo hooo!

In other news:

I haven't been able to work out since last Saturday. I'm feeling flabby again. Today - right after work I'm there.

I've finally started the process of getting the house refinanced. With luck I'll have it all wrapped up by the end of the month and maybe even have some extra cash to, well, buy some new clothes that fit!

I got my hair cut.

No comments: