Friday, July 08, 2005

Things Are a-Changing

Slowly but surely things are changing around here. I have recently linked my two Blogger blogs to my website and I will be changing their appearance to conform more closely to the design of that site. Also, I will be rearranging some of the posts so that the Dangerous Enlightenment blog will contain more commentary and the non-fiction writings and Scented Shadows will contain only fiction: both poetry and prose. This should help keep things in order and allow those interested in one type of reading material to find what they want without having to wade through the other type of reading material. I also have to do some editing. After re-reading some early posts I have realized that my spelling is horrible! I mean, I know how to use a spell-checker and a dictionary. SHEESH!

Unfortunately, I have not gotten the other pages up and running on the website. Lazy me. Of course, I could come up with all sorts of reasons for this laps in action but it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference, now would it?

...in other news...

My friend and fellow YES-Head, Dan emailed me yesterday announcing that he was getting tickets to see the More Drama Tour that had just booked a date in St. Louis. He wanted to know if I was interested in one of the passes.

"Jeeze! Are you kidding?!?!? Of course I want to go!"

Uh, "More Drama Tour"????

Ah, for those of you waiting for Britney's next opus I should explain. YES is a band, first formed in the late 1960s from members of various forward thinking bands in England. Through the 70s and '80s they were quite popular, especially in the early '70s when their stage shows were filled with lasers, psychedelic sets and virtuoso, bombastic musical epics. Welllll, the drummer of the band, Alan White, has put together a side project called White that includes the keyboardist Geoff Downes, who played on a late '70s YES album (called DRAMA.) They are touring with The Syn, a band that existed originally in the mid '60s that includes bassist Chris Squire, who went on to be a founding member (and the only member of YES to appear on EVERY RECORDING.)
To round things out, Steve Howe, the guitarist for YES is travelling with them performing his accoustic guitar magic. And, as an added bonus, after the three aforementioned acts perform, a reunion of the gents that performed on the YES album Drama will treat the crowd to renditions of songs from that record that have not been played live since, oh, 1979!

So, for those of us with an interest in such things, this is a real opportunity! Stuart is very happy!

Okay. I'm at work and I need to get back to that part of my life. More later from this end of the continuum.........

No comments: